The art of enamel
- Discover the lost royal art of making enamel products by meeting an enthusiastic artisan Triet Do who has spent years doing research and restore this technique.
- Challenge yourself by making an enamel souvenir under the instruction of the artisans in the workshop.
Enamel "phap lam" plays a huge part in Vietnamese history, particularly in Hue where enamelware was used for imperial structures and royal families during the Nguyen Dynasty. After getting lost in existence after nearly 200 years, Hue people start to relive this traditional fine art. Meet artisan Triet Do, a famous expert in Enamel and learn about his endeavor to restore this unique art. Take the opportunity to see the complete process of making a stunning Phap Lam product through different handicraft sectors and manually create your own or pick up one as a decorative souvenir gift.
- Availability: Morning or Afternoon
- Suggested time: 08:30, 13:30
- Duration: 2 hours
- Private transfer
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fee
- Enamel workshop visit and enamel making trial
- Water and tissue.