Farming and fishing life at Thanh Toan village
- Meet the farmers in ancient Thanh Toan village and get yourself deep involved in the hands-on farming activities.
- Hope on the fun sampan rowing and try to do the fishing in the way that local fishermen do.
Located only 7km from Hue’s center, Thanh Toan is a peaceful countryside where the scents of an ancient village founded since 16th century is still very much visible through the landscape, temples and way of living. However, you will not really get a taste of rural life until you deeply engage in some hands-on experience. Meet the farmers, and depending on the season, you will be instructed on some processes of rice farming. Visit the informative agriculture museum to understand more about rice production before hoping on a sampan and go fishing with traditional techniques. Hanging out “like local” on the intriguing tile roofed bridge, built since 17th century, listening to local chitchatting, chanting folklore verse are just a few relaxing moment which offers insights into rural life that you cannot get on any average tourist trail.
- Availability: Morning or Afternoon
- Suggested time: 08:30 or 13:30
- Duration: 4 hours
- Distance of biking: approx. 17 km
- Private transfer
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fee
- Water and tissue.