Luang Prabang sightseeings
- Spend full day to explore the tranquil Luang Prabang with the sacred temples and a leisure hike up to Phou Si hill.
- Take part in a private Baci ceremony, a traditional Lao ceremony to bring good luck and blessings
Located at the confluence of the Mekong River and the Nam Khan (Khan River), UNESCO-protected Luang Prabang is a beautiful mix of gilded wats, saffron-clad monks, faded Indochinese villas and beautiful river scenery. Morning drive to the centre of town and stop at the bottom of Phou Si Hill. Climb the 328 steps to the top for wonderful views over the town and nearby mountain ranges. Drive to a morning coffee or tea at the colonial-style French bakery Le Banneton or at the Viewpoint Cafe located right at the peninsula where the Nam Khan and Mekong River meet. Continue with visits to some of the main Buddhist temples including Wat Xieng Thong, a 16th century temple which epitomizes the elegance and grace of Luang Prabang architecture, and Wat Khili, home to the archives of Laos Buddhism. After lunch, continue on to the Royal Palace, which is now a National Museum housing precious artifacts that belonged to the Royal Family. Afterwards, enjoy a 1 hour stroll around the shops and cafes of the old town with the guide available to help with bargaining. In late afternoon, board a local riverboat for a sunset cruise along the Mekong River, including some light snacks and refreshments. After the cruise, head to the Belmond La Residence Phou Vao for a private Baci ceremony, a traditional Lao ceremony to bring good luck and blessings. Afterwards, enjoy an optional dinner (at own expense) overlooking Phou Si Hill all lit up or return directly to your hotel.
- Suggested departure time: 08:30
- Tour duration: 9 hours
- Includes morning snack and lunch. Optional dinner is at own expense.
- Please dress appropriately for visits to religious sights. Shoulders, chest and legs should be covered.
- Private transfer
- English speaking guide
- Water and tissue
- Boat cruise package
- Meal as indicated.