Being a fisherman
- Challenge yourself with the fishing activities on Mekong River, which is famous for different types of fresh water giant fish.
- Also try to catch the fish with very local primitive equipment such as basket traps, fence and cage traps, drop-door traps, gill nets, bait nets, cast nets, and scoops.
Spend a relaxing day fishing on the Mekong River. The Mekong is one of the richest areas of biodiversity in the world, and is home to an estimated 850 freshwater fish species. Lao fishermen use a wide variety of fishing techniques including basket traps, fence and cage traps, drop-door traps, gill nets, bait nets, cast nets, and scoops, all depending on the season and the flow of the river. Board a Bounmi Mekong fishing cruise, and allow the local captain use his knowledge and decades of experience to guide you to the best fishing spots on the river. Rods, nets, gear, bait, tackle, beer Lao and snacks are provided. Spend the day trying to land some Mekong River fish using both fishing rods and traditional Lao casting nets while enjoying the peaceful scenery. Return to your hotel.
- Availability: Morning only
- Suggested departure time: 06:00 (depending on sunrise)
- Tour duration: Min 4 hours and max 6 hours
- Capacity: Max 4 pax
- Includes: Set Menu Lao breakfast or lunch (Beach BBQ available for an extra charge)
- The earliest departure for this cruise is 30 minutes before sunrise or latest 3 hours after sunrise
- Cruise includes on-board music, local beer and house wine, complimentary water, non-alcoholic beverages and traditional Lao snacks.
- Private transfer
- English speaking guide
- Water and tissue
- Boat cruise package
- Meal as indicated.