Temples of Luang Prabang
- Explore some of the highlights of this incredibly picturesque town including: Royal Palace, Wat Visoun, Wat That Luang and Wat Xieng Thong.
- Climb up the top of Mount Phousi and admire the panoramic view over Luang Prabang.
Take a half-day walking tour exploring some of the highlights of this incredibly picturesque town. Start with a visit to the Royal Palace, which is now a National Museum housing precious artefacts that belonged to the Royal Family. Drive or enjoy a leisurely walk to explore some of Luang Prabang’s famed temples including: Wat Visoun, Luang Prabang’s oldest temple ; Wat That Luang, traditionally the cremation site for Lao royalty; the gorgeous Wat Mai with its detailed golden reliefs depicting scenes from village life; and Wat Xieng Thong, built in the 17th century. Notice the stunning “tree of life” mosaic set on its western exterior wall. End the tour by climbing up to the top of Mount Phousi to admire the panoramic views across the Mekong and Khan rivers as well as the mountain range. Return to your hotel.
- Availability: Morning or Afternoon
- Suggested departure time: 08:30 or 13:30
- Tour duration: 04 hours
- Please dress appropriately for visits to religious sites. Shoulders, chest and legs should be covered.
- Private transfer
- English speaking guide
- Water and tisse
- Entrance fee