Alms giving ceremony
- Wake up early at dawn and line up for the alms giving rite.
- Visit a bustling local market afterwards to observe the morning life activities of people.
The morning alms round called “Tak Bat” in Lao is a living Buddhist tradition for the people of Luang Prabang and dates back generations. Wake up before dawn to witness and participate in offering alms to a procession of hundreds of saffron-robed monks in the early morning light, truly a spiritual occasion! If you wish to make an offering, please inform your guide a day in advance so that a gift of alms can be prepared. After the alms giving, watch the town come to life during a visit to the bustling morning market before returning to your hotel in time for breakfast.
- Availability: Early morning only
- Suggested departure time: 05:30
- Tour duration: 1.5 hours
- If you do not wish to make an offering, please keep an appropriate distance and observe the ritual in silence. Please dress appropriately. Shoulders, chest and legs should be covered.
- Private transfer
- English speaking guide
- Water and tissue