The light of hope
- Visit a private blind center which is house to nearly fifty poor children with vision impaired, listen to their stories as well as their difficulties, and see how strong they are to get over.
- Experience the feeling of being blind with a dinner set up in totally dark, play some interesting small games and try to guess which food you have tried.
Bung Sang is a small private home and school for over a hundred blind children in Saigon. The school was founded by a blind musician – Mr. Dao Khanh Truong. With the love and care for unlucky children, he spent most of his life teaching the children and calling for supporting from the benefactors. After he passed away few years ago, Bung Sang was given to the Lovers of the Holy Cross Sisters to take care of. This late afternoon drive off the downtown to visit the school, talk with the manager for a thorough understanding of their lives here, meet the children (after school hour only) and listen to them singing, playing music. Afterwards transfer to Noir restaurant for a special culinary journey – dining in the dark. The concept is to imitate the experience of having meals like a blind, which is uniquely a mind-altering practice. Take away the sight and let your other senses lead your mind to feel the taste of food. Transfer back to your hotel at night.
- Availability: Late afternoon
- Suggested time: 11:00, 16:00
- Duration: 45 minutes (not including meal time)
- This tour is recommended to combine with China town tour.
- During summer holidays (June, July) most of the kids will go back to their hometowns, only few teenagers left in the center.
- Private transfer
- English speaking guide
- Water and tissue
- Interaction fee
- Lunch/ Dinner at Noir restaurant – Asian set menu.