Highlights of Vientiane
- The half day excursion covers most of Vientiane’s attractions and sacred temples such as Wat Phra Keo, Wat Sisaket, Wat Si Muang, and a large gold-covered Buddha stupa.
A world apart from other frantic Asian capitals, Vientiane retains a quiet and pleasant aura. Visit some of the city’s most notable temples or ‘wats’, including: Wat Sisaket, the only temple left intact after the Siamese invasion of 1828 and famous for its cloister wall housing thousands of tiny Buddha images; Wat Phra Keo, now a museum adorned with carved wooden features, a magnificent 16th century lacquered door with Hindu carvings, numerous Khmer stone carvings and a variety of Buddha statues; and the popular Wat Si Muang with its carved gold pillars, brightly coloured ceiling friezes and painted scenes from the life of the Buddha. Also visit the Arc de Triomphe-like Patuxai Victory Monument, a war monument dedicated to those who fought in the struggle for independence from France. End the tour with a visit to That Luang, a large gold-covered Buddhist stupa in the centre of Vientiane, generally regarded as the most important national monument in Laos. Return to your hotel.
- Availability: Morning or Afternoon
- Suggested departure time: 08:30 or 12:00
- Tour duration: 04 hours
- Most landmarks in Vientiane are open daily between 08:00 - 16:00.
- Please dress appropriately for visits to religious sights. Shoulders, chest and legs should be covered
- Private transfer
- English speaking guide
- Water and tissue
- entrance fee