Cycling around Vientiane
- Cycle around Vientiane to enjoy the breeze and peace of this capital city, and to visit some historic temples of the city such as Wat Sisaket, Wat Phra Keo, That Luang and Patuxai Victory Monument.
Spend a half day cycling to some of Vientiane’s most historic sites. Meet your guide at your hotel and be fitted for your bicycle. Cycle to some of the city’s most notable religious sites, including: Wat Sisaket, the only temple left intact after the Siamese invasion of 1828 and famous for its cloister wall housing thousands of tiny Buddha images; Wat Phra Keo, now a museum adorned with carved wooden features, a magnificent 16th century lacquered door with Hindu carvings, numerous Khmer stone carvings and a variety of Buddha statues; and That Luang, a 44m (147ft) high gold-covered Buddhist stupa in the centre of Vientiane, generally regarded as the most important national monument in Laos. Also visit the Arc de Triomphe-like Patuxai Victory Monument, a war monument dedicated to those who fought in the struggle for independence from France. Return to your hotel.
- Availability: Morning or Afternoon
- Suggested departure time: 09:00 or 13:00
- Tour duration: 04 hours
- Most landmarks in Vientiane are open daily between 08:00 - 16:00.
- Please dress appropriately for visits to religious sights. Shoulders, chest and legs should be covered.
- Cycling is over mostly easy terrain and suitable for those with an average level of fitness.
- Private transfer
- English speaking guide
- Water and tissue
- Mountain bike and helmet